To create a bank account in Tally Prime, follow these steps:
- Open Tally Prime and go to the “Gateway of Tally” screen.
- Press the “Accounts Info” button, then select “Ledgers” from the menu.
- Press the “Create” button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the “Create Ledger” screen, enter the name of the bank in the “Name” field.
- Select “Bank Accounts” from the “Group” dropdown menu.
- In the “Under” field, select the appropriate parent group for the bank account, such as “Current Assets” or “Loans and Advances.”
- If necessary, enter the bank’s address and other contact information in the relevant fields.
- Press the “Create” button to save the new bank account.
After creating the bank account, you can use it to record transactions related to the bank, such as deposits, withdrawals, and interest payments. It’s important to regularly reconcile the bank account with your bank statements to ensure that your records are accurate and up-to-date.